Waste management is becoming a vital issue for business in Melbourne, with our landfills reaching high levels of capacity and government about to enforce tax increases to force citizens to recycle.
So how can your organisation be proactive to protect the environment and reduce your business expenses?
You understand the importance of plans to meet any goals, and the waste management plan is based on three basic foundations: reduce, reuse and recycle. It sounds simple, but how do you implement it in your business?
Assess your current waste
Determine the current state of waste in your business. You might be surprised to discover how much you’re throwing out.
- Make a note of your bin capacity on collection day.
- What is the collection frequency?
- What type of garbage does it consist of?
- Is it all directly related to your type of business?
- Identify every different form of waste that is regularly generated.
- Establish who is responsible for waste management in your company?
Once you’ve got a clear picture of your current status, you can start to look for areas that need improvement.
- Is there any area where you can reduce waste generation without affecting your business processes?
- Are you throwing out office supplies that could be useful to someone else?
- Could you recover some of the waste by selling or donating it?
- Could some waste be safely recycled rather than trashed?
- Do you need help or advice from waste-management experts?
Make a plan, set goals and take action
The next step involves analysing, sorting, processing and implementing waste management plans, in particular partnering with a waste management company to handle the services for you. WM Waste Management is actively involved in the drop-off and collection of rubbish skips in Melbourne. We’re committed to protecting the environment and helping your business implement and maintain a long-term waste management strategy.
We are a reliable service that also processes, recycles and transports all types of rubbish to ensure it is taken to the correct destination for responsible recycling.
Get in touch to see how we can help your organisation meet your environmental goals and waste reduction objectives so you can focus on your core business.
Related Tag: Waste Management Melbourne