Waste disposal companies throughout Australia have ethical and legal obligations to provide their services in such a way that they lessen the impact of waste on the environment, through recycling, proper waste storage and transportation regulation.
Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case, and waste disposal companies who do not comply with Australian laws and regulations can cause serious environmental concerns.
Recently a waste company was fined $30,000 for waste transport and dumping irregularities by the Environment Protection Authority (EPA). According to the EPA, the fines reflected the environmental threat that irregular or unlawful waste disposal practices have. This means that now, more than ever, you have to ensure that your waste disposal company follows the rules and regulations mandated by state and federal bodies.
This also means that if you’re looking for a waste management service provider, ensure that you look out for one that has the following policies:
- They set an example through proven environmental performance.
- Actively monitor and continuously set environmental performance targets and objectives that benefit its clients and customers.
- They can show you that they comply with all the applicable state and federal legal requirements for environmentally friendly, and legal waste management practices.
- Have taken measures to reduce their resource consumption, and are actively minimising their environmental impact and pollution.
- That the company can, and is willing to provide you with information pertaining to their handling, use and disposal of products related to waste management.
At WM Waste, we are committed to providing responsible waste management services to our clients, and to ultimately helping protect the environment through our actions. We take this promise seriously, and as such are ISO 9001 rated for quality and ISO 14001 rated for environmental management systems.
If you want to find out more about our environment and safety policies, or want more information about our waste removal services, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.